Pikes Peak Pet Pantry (DBA as Peak Pet Pantry) is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization providing temporary pet food assistance to citizens in El Paso county and the surrounding areas. As the first of its kind in southern Colorado, the Pantry is dedicated to helping owners in their time of need. Our HOPE is by providing assistance to pet owners, they are able to keep their beloved pets instead of resorting to relinquishment or abandonment. The Pantry started in September 2007, after our founder saw an increase in people needing short-term help with the cost of their precious pets.
We have distributed food throughout the city of Colorado Springs and surrounding areas. Between September 2007 and June 2013, we distributed over 240,000 lbs of pet food & treats, in which we gave to needy households in El Paso, Pueblo, Teller, Fremont, and Elbert counties. 2014 is proving to be a challenging year, but we hope donations will pick up shortly.
Services we offer:
- Temporary, supplemental pet food assistance to struggling pet owners
- Prescription pet food assistance to those whose pets have to be on a prescription diet
- Low cost supplies to pet owners & legitimate rescues, shelters, or other organizations
- Offers referrals to organizations or businesses who offer low cost pet vaccinations and/or spay/neuter services
- Referrals to low cost grooming services for owners whose pet is severely matted & needs immediate relief
- HOPE TO OFFER WITH FUNDING: Assistance with low cost spay/neuter services